Computer shuts off automatically after 2 -3 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I have been using my computer last four years. I never shut down my computer. It was on 24/7. lately I am having problem with it. While I am working on computer or away from it for more than 2 -3 hours system automatically shuts off. I checked all sources possible I think of... I have kept "never" shut down. removed fan from CPU and put new one + cleared all dust inside CPU using vaccum + reviewed bios reads correctly. + checked Power connector and it works fine too... Please help...

Thanks

Jason

Does your computer shut down safely (it shuts down running programs, and exits normally) or it shuts down like if you cut of the power?

your power supply may be failing. I had mine on 24/7 for 3 years and the PSU finally went tits up.

I changed my power supply yesterday night and I am still having problem with it... Please advice. Also, my computer shuts off automatically and doesn't save any application that I am working while shuts off.

Tedster said:
your power supply may be failing. I had mine on 24/7 for 3 years and the PSU finally went tits up.

I changed power supply and still having same problem.... Please advice. Thanks

pioneerx01 said:
Does your computer shut down safely (it shuts down running programs, and exits normally) or it shuts down like if you cut of the power?

No, it doesn't shots off safely... It doesn't save any documents that i worked on it while it shutting down..

Yeah, i have that exact same problem... i mean exact. I never shut off my computer, and now, all of a sudden, it cuts off after an hour or two.

this will probably not do anything, but make sure that the power setting on the PC are not set up in such manner that the PC shuts of in some minuets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back