Computer shutsdown when converting video and playing madden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not a new computer and it didn't use to shutdown, but a lot of crap has been installed on my computer and now it shutsdown anytime any video is converted to or from the .mp4 format and it shutsdown when I play madden 08 randomly throughout a game.

Anyway to fix this without formatting?

Uninstall the "crap" :).

Are you given any errors? Are your PC's temperatures okay? See anything interesting in the Event Viewer? Have all your drivers up to date?

How do I check my temperatures?
No error message, id hear like a click and then suddenly its all black.
Whats the event viewer?
What kind of drivers would need to be updated?

"CPU Temperature" results from Download.com, pick one and make use of it.

To get to the Event Viewer: Start > Run > eventvwr.msc > Ok.

All of your hardware device drivers should be kept up to date. Visit your PC manufacturers support site.

It's probably just overheating considering the fact that you say it's old and every time it shuts down, your PC is under stress. Go buy a can of compressed air, open the side of your case and have at it. Blow all of the dust out of your PC and see if your issue goes away.

Wow this is the funniest thread I have ever come across.

Firstly realize Madden , is using a engine from 2001 , EAsports is crappy and picky, Why dont you play madden and do nothing else. Then you can try playing another game and doing another task in the background... GL,

This has nothing to do with your PC believe me! , Once you play another game a true DX9 game and do your converting at same time and it doesnt crash or shutdown, u will see my point.

Dont do it.. Madden is dangerous ,, EAsports is dangerous! , If your gonna play a game whos engine is 8 years old , you better believe its gonna make your PC shutdown or crash while your doing something else on top of that. At the time Madden was made and the engine never updated there were no dual core CPU's or whatever. Believe Madden is being picky, quit stressing about it. I know you love football, as we all do, but trust me on this one. Madden is picky, Once you play another game and the problem doesn't happen u know its a Madden issue. soo GL<

The final verdict is, Its not your PC ,, soo dont touch anything and make things even worse. Just understand that once again that madden CODE and engine is years and years old. Its already a picky POS to play any EA sports games, Soo why are you burdening yourself and converting in the background. Why dont you convert and go to sleep. Before that u get in a nice game of madden without the crap going on in the background to bother Madden. ,, GL,

No, that is NOT the final verdict. Just because someone named tweakyboy came and said it was the game doesn't mean it is. It is a possibility, but I doubt it. Follow Zinosincks instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back