Computer stops responding

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, i'm not very tech-savvy so bear with me.

sometimes, my screen suddenly turns black, and the button on my monitor becomes that of when it's in standby mode. Like for example, when the monitor is on, the button shines green, and when it's on standby, it turns orange.

my keyboard lights also turn off, and the light that usually flashes when things load stays on permanently.

so, i can't do anything, i move my mouse, i try typing, but it just stays like that. Also, the only way to restart at this point is to switch off the switch on the back of the computer and switch it back on. The front buttons don't respond.

lol yeah i know i sound very amateurish but i don't know what else to do.

edit:
I'm pretty sure this has started happening one day when i plugged in my iPod Touch and suddenly, my computer restarted by itself. And now, every single time i plug it in, it'll restart. My iPod is kind of weird, for example, if i plug it in to my computer when it has less than 80% battery life and i try to add files into my iPod, my iPod will disconnect itself.

edit again:
Actually, it only started becoming more frequent ever since the day i plugged in my iPod and got the problem mentioned above.

First best thing is to uninstall everything iPod and tell us if it brings back stability.

My take:

Your Ipod is trying to charge and it appears your USB ports cannot supply the necessary power and 'tilt'. Keep it up and you'll destroy the ports.

Get a powered hub!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back