Computer turns on for 2 seconds, then shuts down, repeat

Ekildog

I had a blue screen prior to this problem (three consecutive actually) that said something about a driver issue. I've striped the computer down piece by piece and tried booting it up until i got to the, CPU, Mobo, 2GB of Ram, and my 1000watt psu (Overkill I know) still I get the same dammed problem. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Update

I took all the ram stick out AND STILL THE SAME PROBLEM! I'm not going to lie in my noobness I might have pulled a stick out earlier why the computer was on so that might of done it..... any help? :(

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Looks like Route44 may have quit for tonight.
If you don't mind, I can help get you started, and he can pick up with you tomorrow, (or his next visit.)

First...
Your zip only had one file in it. If you only upload one, please do not zip it... just an extra step.

The file you uploaded showed an Nvidia driver (nvlddmkm.sys) error D1

Drivers that have used improper addresses typically cause this error.

Possible Resolutions:

• Stop 0xD1 messages can occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If a driver is listed by name, disable, remove, or roll back that driver to confirm that this resolves the error. If so, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.

If you can upload the other minidumps, these may provide important additional information.

This will get you started!

Oh I did rollback the drivers after assuming that was causing a 0c05 error. But even if that is the problem how can I install the drivers if the computer wont even boot? I have the hard drive connected via USB.

Ok I think I did it. With the zip

Thanks both of you :D

Attachments

• Desktop.zip
    80.3 KB · Views: 2
Did a little more work this morning and discovered that the mobo stays on fine without the processor :confused:

All three are what Bookwyrm intitially read: 0xD1 errors and all cite the same Nvidia driver.

For my own information: How did you get the system to boot-up the harddrive via USB?

I didn't boot it up via usb I just connected it to my laptop and followed your steps "C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files."

I tried a new processor and I haven't had any luck, funny though... when the little power cord to the motherboard is unplugged it doesn't restart (but also doesn't boot of course)

It could be a power supply issue. What is the make and model and how much wattage does it purport to supply?

Doubtful and honestly I have never heard of this brand of power supply before. Did this come with the computer case? 98% of the time we have found such units are garbage. If your power supply is bad it will affect every component within your system.

Do you have any friends with tech knowledge who can test it for you?

Back