1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Computer turns on then off and repeats

By MarshallE ยท 4 replies
Jul 11, 2018
Post New Reply
  1. Just recently built a new computer, when I put all the part together it would turn on for maybe around 10 seconds, and turn off, and then turn on again. I don't know what the problem is I know the power supply works because I tried it in another system here is a list of my computer parts.

MotherBoard: Gygabyte h110-D3a
    Graphics Card: asus 3gb 1060
    CPU: Intel celeron g3900
    power supply: Ev3a 1000 G2
    Ram: Crucials 8gb DDr4 2113
    ssd: drevo 120gb ssd

any help is appreciated

2. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus Stone age computing. Posts: 3,591   +963

"automatic restart on error" looping?
    Something making it 'crash', then it is told to restart, which makes it crash....
    Turn off this 'feature' in settings/setup per your motherboard manual.
    Is there an error listing?
    Could be a power connector is loose or there is a component drawing too much power (I.e. a short). Cut back to basics - motherboard & cpu and see if you get an error (like no RAM), then put in RAM and get next error to fix - until it won't fix, then you got it.. Some folks just rebuild.

3. MarshallE

MarshallE TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the help I have not even got the computer to go to setup, it does not even start to load anything. I check if it was a power connector but all of them are connected.

4. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus Stone age computing. Posts: 3,591   +963

Cut back to basics - motherboard & cpu and see if you get an error (like no RAM), then put in RAM and get next error to fix - until it won't fix, then you got it.. Some folks just rebuild.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  5. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 12,279   +1,367

Depending upon which version of Windows you've installed (hum - - did you get that far), Boot Safe mode F8 to run minimal software.