Computer won't communicate with monitor

I recently built a computer from parts ordered from Newegg.com

Intel Core i5-2400 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz (3.4GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000 BX80623I52400

ASUS P8Z68-M Pro LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

EVGA 01G-P3-1556-KR GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) FPB 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 V2 600W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B

The problem I'm trying to solve it that it won't connect to a moniter. The computer starts up, all the fans (heatsink, video card, case) and led lights come on, yet it won't communicate with a moniter. I have tried using two different moniters and two different vga cables, plus a dvi to vga converter, and nothing works. I've also tried unplugging every cable and plugging them back in, and putting the ram cards in every possible combination (including using only one) and swithing slots to put the videocard in. Nothing seems to work. If anyone can help me with getting the computer to communicate with a moniter, that would be awesome.

You have a component failure somewhere, as you already know... My guess is that the motherboard is bad... and you should get it back to NewEgg asap... it is either the motherboard or the video graphics card... I assume both are new.
We are assuming that the selected monitors work on other computers. Right. Tested? Right?
It is not uncommon to have a new motherboard arrive dead. Just look at the reviews on NewEgg... and if it is not the motherboard, then there is a high failure rate on video graphics cards as well.... Do you have a friend with whom you can test the video card in another machine.

The fact that it is dead leads me to suspect the motherboard...

You have enough experience to do this build... give yourself some credit.

Try taking the 550 out and see if you can boot with the igpu. Which vga/dvi port are you using...mobo or 550? If you are planning on using Virtu there are a couple steps you need to take first but more on that once you're sorted out.

@Buckshot420, I have tried using both the motherboard and the video card's ports. Before I contact Newegg, I'll try booting it without the 550.

@raybay, Also the moniters and cables work on other computers. I know the problem is not with the video card. I'll fire up the warranty and contact Newegg today.

Also look at the manual that came with the motherboard, and go online to the ASUS and EVGA sites for their trouble shooting help.

Back