Computer won't start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer won't start. I don't even get the slightest sign of life. I haven't installed any new hardware or software. A friend accidentally kicked the switch on my power strip and everything turned off. I turned the switch on and everything came back on except for my cpu. I'm fairly inexperienced when it comes to computers. I've tried to find my problem in the forums and all the other circumstances have other factors that mine does not; for example: new hard drives, three seconds of life, etc. I'm not sure what steps to take to figure out what the problem is. Please help.

I was referring to the "NO POST and Troubleshooting Guide". POST = Power On Self Test.

It's in the guides forum.

Many questions here on techspot have been covered time after time. The FAQs and Guides address most of them.

Tedster said:
I was referring to the "NO POST and Troubleshooting Guide". POST = Power On Self Test.

It's in the guides forum.

Many questions here on techspot have been covered time after time. The FAQs and Guides address most of them.

I've read your NO POST / Power General Troubleshooting post and I was rather confused. i don't want to do anything that could damage my computer without knowing its what i must do. When i plug in my power cable a small green light underneath the input blinks rapidly with a ticking sound. I have no idea what that means but thats the only thing that seems to work at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back