Computer won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I recently tried to turn my gaming computer on and nothing happened.

It has been working fine for months. Everything appears to be connected correctly but when I press the Power button nothing happens.

There was a power cut this morning but the computer was not on then.

Specs,

Antec 900

Corsair 620W HX Modular Power Supply

Gigabyte Core 2 Duo GA-P35C-DS3R, Intel

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

Corsair 2 x 1024Mb DDR2-667

Please help I really want to use it

Thanks

btw i tested the power supply and it works fine on another computer.

Hold the power switch <ON> for 20 seconds to release all the voltages. If it still doesn't work, it can be one of many things.
Any lights anywhere. Does the fan in the power supply turn only 1/4 to 3 turns? Can you boot in SAFE MODE?
CPU fan failure; One memory module dead; Video card dead; power switch failure; cable or wire to the board from power switch has fallen off; Some device in a PCI slot has shorted out, such as modem, audio, usb, or firewire card failure.
Let us know how it turns out.

There is the power supply and maybe a network connection or phone modem that are very susceptible to damage from power failures and power surges. If you have a PCI network card or phone modem installed, remove these amd try powering up the computer. If the network connection is part of the motherboard, the motherboard might be bad. If you still get nothing, try replacing the power supply first, then replace the motherboard. Your CPU and memory may be fine, and ok to reuse

Hmmm nothing seems to work. I tested the Power supply which is in good condition it seems, the cpu looks fine fine. I tried the screwdriver trick.

The network thing is part of the motherboard. so maybe its the motherboard

If the motherboard is broken do I call the store I ordered it from?

not sure what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back