Computer won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pink

Hi,
recently, i had my PSU literally blown up.
i hooked it up, and it started i dunno, i guess blowing up is the best word to describe it.

So, afterwards, (it was a 650 Cooler Master PSU) i got a 250W PSU and plugged it in.
the light in the mobo turns on, the little green electricity indicator, but the computer won´t turn on.
i press the power button a million times, but it wont turn on, no light will turn on, no fan will turn, no little electricity sounds... nothing.

So, what is it? i dont think my mobo or anything else on my pc was fried, so can it be that the new 250w PSU isn´t comptaible with my pc?

I have a Radeon HD4670 512 Vram, m2n4-SLI mobo, an athlon 64 x2 5200+, 2 HD´s 1 is 80 gb and one is 300 gb, and two 1gb ram sticks.

Thanks guys.

What do you mean by "blown up"?

I suggest that you try a different (slightly higher powered) PSU if possible. Also make sure that you have connected all the components properly.

Hmm well, i plugged the electricity cord, and i guess the voltage was set incorrectly on the psu, so it made popping noises, flashes of lights... actually looked like someone threw a small bomb in there!

is it possible that my motherboard got fried? i mean the indicator light still gets turned on when i plug the 250w psu in (i think its a generic psu too).. and i had the same thing happened before, and all of the components were fine. and if my mobo got blown, are my other components fine? most important for me is the HD.

i have everything connected correctly, i checked it a million times...
and i have no money right now to get a higher powered psu..

thanks guys.

Pretty new actually, 1 year.

are you sure my mobo has burned up? is the indicator light´s guidance not worth anaything?

Hey man, thanks for everything.
i took the pc to test it with a 450 ATX PSU, and still no game... it wont turn on.
ill have to waste money on the same mobo i got right now.... this sux so bad...
anyway, is there a possibility that my HD or my GPU or processor got burned too?

thanks

Your PSU that blew up(650 Cooler Master PSU) is actualy quite a good make. I would return it for another if its still under warenty. Looks like your main board is fried, again just return it if still under warenty(Usualy 6 months to a year). And im afraid yes your HDs, GFX card and also your memory and CPU may also be damaged. Only way to tell is to change out the components in another system.

There is no way i can check my HDs and stuff on another machine.. im on a really tight budget and i cant get a mobo or PSU right now...

isnt there any other way to check it? my HD had very vital information as i work with my pc and it had irreplaceable stuff in there...

Only way to check if there is any damage to your harddisk is to place it in a functioning system. You may need to run add new hardware depending on the version of windows you are using. The system may see the harddisk but there may be data coruption, if so try running a little program called partision magic this may allow you to retreve some of your vital information. Or you could take the harddisk to a computer shop and allow them to retreve your data. However this will cost an arm and a leg and all they will do is what i have allready recomended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back