Computer's crashing a lot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cephas

Hey, it's crashing about three times a day at unexpected and seemingly random times... also today I got a blue screen saying that there was a page falut in an unpaged area.

Windows recovered from a serious error, data report:
BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : BF84457B BCP3 : B7F87BEC
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

Tell me if there's anything else you need to help, and thanks.

Pete

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

If SNGX1275`s advice doesn`t help, go and read this thread HERE and see if it helps you to identify the culprit.

If it doesn`t, attach 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps here.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

things to check:
1. RAM - test with memtest 86+ for at least 7 passes
2. PSU - check with a PSU tester tool and a multimeter
3. drivers
4. run crap cleaner registry repair
5. cleanliness - blow it out with a computer duster (can of compressed air)

Okay, I ran Memtest86+ but I didn't really know what to do... I left it running for about 15 hours thinking that there was an end... there was about 25 passes on each test but about 48 errors... something like that.

Memtest86+ will run indefinitely until you stop it.

If Memtest86+ gives you errors, then you have faulty ram and it needs to be replaced.

Regards Howard :)

Right okay... ummm I don't actually know what RAM is, however much I love computers and... how do I replace it?

Ram is your random access memory and plugs into your mobo`s(motherboard`s)dimm slots.

You`ll need to identify what type/speed/size of ram sticks your computer uses.

Basically all you do is unplug the computer from the mains and open the case, make sure you`re grounded and take out the exsisting ram and replace it with the correct type/size/speed ram stick/s.

However, if you don`t have a clue, or aren`t confident in opening your computer, I suggest you either get a friend to do it, or take it to a pc repair shop. Don`t forget to tell them that Memtest gave you errors on your ram and that your system has been crashing a lot.

This installing ram video may be useful to your.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back