Configuring a wallpaper on dual screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaLo2FrEeEk

Hi all. I have 2 monitors set up, a 1920x1200 widescreen one, and a 1280x1024 fullscreen one. They are in dual mode, not mirror, and I need some help with the wallpaper. I opened up Cinema 4D last night with the purpose of creating a cool wallpaper, and I made one that was 3200x1200 (total resolution of both monitors together). I rendered it out, and applied it to my background, and for some reason, it just wants to put the picture on both monitors, it won't spread it across the 2. If that doesn't make any sense, I want one picture to span the entire width of both my monitors. Here is the picture I'm using:

http://infectionist.com/images/misc/desktops/reflectyness.png (huge 56K warning, this image is 4.5 megs)

So since I have my 24" monitor on the right, the part of the picture on the right with the ball should be on the 24", and the darker part on the left should be on the left monitor, the 19".

Can anyone help me out?

You should really include your system specs in your profile - more specifically what type of video card you are using in your machine. It will make it easier to help you with this since some sets of drivers handle dual monitor setups differently.

Sorry, I wrote quickly and didn't think about that.

I have a nVidia GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked 512, as far as I know I have the most up-to-date drivers for it. I'm running Vista Ultimate x64, that should be all you need, right?

Sorry for the double post, but I just looked on google and found a site that helped a tiny bit, but it's still not coming out right at all. If you look at the picture above in the first post, I want the shiny ball to be on the right (24" 1920x1200) monitor, and the rest to be on the other (19" 1280x1024) monitor. Well, I saved as a jpg (which I thnk was part of the problem) and this is what happened when I applied it:

http://infectionist.com/images/misc/notcool.png

it's taking the right part of the image and putting it on the left monitor and the left part of the image is going on the right monitor, and it looks really bad. I COULD move parts of the picture around, but if there's an easier fix, I'd love to know. The 24" is set as my primary monitor, it's plugged into the #1 DVI output on my video card, and the 19" is plugged into the #2 DVI output, so there's no reason it should do this.

Bump, I never did figure out a good way to do this, and I updated my profile sith specs like asked, and I posted the relevant specs here. Please help me, guys.

You'll need a third party utility if you want to manage desktop backgrounds on multiple monitors easily.

Otherwise, just select "tile" as the background image placement if the image covers the two screens.

The upper left corner will be the primary monitor's upper left (in case your secondary monitor is set to left of the primary).

How I have it set up is this. I have my primary monitor, which is the 24", on the right, and the secondary, which is the 19", on the left. For some reason, the top left corner of the image showed up as the top-left on the primary 24". I managed to move the leftmost 1280 pixels to the right of the image, and the right 1920 pixels to the left of the image and it worked out, but I don't want to have to do that everytime. I don't want to set my 19" to the primary because I don't like everything opening on that, and I don't like having my taskbar down there (I know I can move it, but for some stupid reason, it snaps back on restart.) I guess I'll just keep doing it the hard way, then, I don't want to install a 3rd party software to get this to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back