Conflict Consoles-PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

hadoud76

It would be much appreciated if many replies were listed for this thread.

Take two minutes to read this...(Well Frankly, a lot more than two minutes) What would you do if what you just want from a PC is gaming...I mean, a lot of people here, at least, buy PC's for gaming,super PC's or not, they wear out in gaming because every month a new graphics card is released, a new technology is created (Such as Hyper-Threading in PIV and TruBrite and CrystalBrite screens etc...)

Consider A PS2 for an instance:
When did you upgrade your PS2?
When did you format your PS2?
When did you pay more than 50$(though that's way too much) for repairs on your PS2?
How long did the PS2 last? Do PC's these days last more?

Consider the new Xbox 360:
Won't it last for three years?
Won't it extend limits in gaming more than they ever were?

Your Old PC:
How many dollars do you expect to get on selling this outdated machine?

Your new Supreme-PC(laptop or Desktop):
For how long will your machine stay supreme?Even remain super?

Conclusion:

In PC's,You'd always want the newest VGA card, the fastest CPU,the highest number of the best RAM slots in the newest DDR your PC would allow, and ofcourse, at least, an LCD screen, if not TruBrite supported...

In Consoles, the money you'd spend on the console and after buying the console is extremely limited compared to the price of the supreme PC and the upgrades you'd do every two months...

I pm'd you this, but it's still relevant here, I suppose.
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic33619.html
Anyway, I didn't comment on that one, but here's my €0.02
Consoles are better for the pick-up-and-play value, usually. I like my ps2 best when I have a few mates over and there's nothing else to do but throw on Red Faction 2 and kill each other :unch: I have found pc's to be better for single player or online games (e.g. HL2 :D :slurp: ) So, it really seems to depend on the type of gamer you want to be, that's right, it's one of those "everyone's right, so stop fighting" sort of things :D

i find playing RPGs on a console (except maybe FF) alot harder. Keyboards are alot easier when it comes to that type of game.

And as far as upgrading. I enjoy doing it. Its my hobby. If you think messing with your PC is a pain in the ****, then i agree, PC gaming isnt for you.

Also consider that you do not always have to have the lastest and greatest to play games at high levels. A fair amount of tweaking can produce alot more results from mid level parts.

Really though, i should not of even posted on this, as an identical thread exsists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back