PC vs CONSOLE gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonNagual

Wow.

I just saw a review for Call of Duty 2 on the X360 system and it is the first time I have ever thought of buying a console system. The graphics are the best I have ever seen. Take a look HERE

Someone, tell me it isn't so. Consoles are going to surpass the almighty PC for gaming? PLEASE! SOMEONE HELP ME!

For those that like to have a few buds over to game and hang out, it surpassed PC's long ago.

It's also due out in a PC version. You don't think the console version will be better do you?

I am talking about graphics quality. Those screen shots are beyond any PC game graphics I have seen to date.... That is not cool at all.

If that is true, then I am depressed. Has the day come when console is the champ of graphics?

[DonNagual commits suicide]

DonNagual said:
If that is true, then I am depressed. Has the day come when console is the champ of graphics?

Yes and No. Yes for about a year or two, but the thing with consoles are, you cant upgrade. So while those graphics are astouding now, three years from now (when the ps3 xbox 360 whatever, is still in its original form) PC technology will catch up, then surpass a little bit, then before you know it, the next console will take tyhe lead agian.

So dont go killing yourself

Sean

Hmm,

I wouldn't panic just yet, it looks to me as though it's all in the art work and detailing of the game. Maybe not so much in the console graphics vs PC graphics. Designers did a very nice job indeed!

Let's wait and see what the PC version and a 7800GTX can do with this artwork!!

PC Gaming is always going to be be more flexible and in my view better! PC Gaming RULES! down with consoles!

macklessdaddy said:
ps3 will have 3 times the graphics power of a nvidia 7800 so who do you think will win

Where do u get your info man you are so wrong the PS3 has a 7800GTX with a slightly faster GPU with a differant name THATS ALL.... a SLi 7800GTX is better + the new ati cards will be better + computers can have WAY more RAM + the fastest cpu processer is faster then that of a ps3 sorry consoles will always lagg behind computers

I prefer console gaming because

1) Games work out of the box without patches

2) Consoles work out of the box without updates

3) Consoles don't need to be kept up to date by buying new hardware when new games come out

Yeah, SLI 7800 & all those acronyms and nice marketing terms are so cheap and easy to get up and running without crashing.

I hope I didn't start a flamewar...

where i live ps2 games are not readily available and if they are they damn expensive. also whats with the different regions? PC games have the same file type or whatever whereever you are. so if i am on holiday in the middle of no where, find a pc game for cheaper than the rest of the world i can buy it. unlike with ps2 games where you have to check if its ntsc or pal and watever...

macklessdaddy said:
pc games are slightly cheaper but consoles doesnt require a 500 dollar video card every 2 years

you telling me that you prefer console games because they don't improve their quality much and that all console games pretty much suck graphics wise? I might rethink that post if i were you coz you just could have given us PC Game Enthusiasts another reason why consoles suck! :cool:

DonNagual said:
Wow.

I just saw a review for Call of Duty 2 on the X360 system and it is the first time I have ever thought of buying a console system. The graphics are the best I have ever seen. Take a look HERE

Someone, tell me it isn't so. Consoles are going to surpass the almighty PC for gaming? PLEASE! SOMEONE HELP ME!

the topic was not how cheap it is (btw ps3 is gunna cost 500$) or how easy it is for a noob to get into the game without having to patch it or what not it was consoles outshining computers in pure gaming horsepower. It hasnt happened and it will never happen simply due to the fact that nvidia and ati make all the videocards for consoles same with computers anything they use for there consoles they release for computers by the time the ps3 is released the new ati ati cards will be out with crossfire far surpassing the ps3 in graphical power even know graphics cards alone do not make a gaming machine with computers being able to hold 6 gigs of many differant kinds of RAM and processors being at 4GHZ+ already with dual cores the consoles are just left in the dust like they will always be. Sorry console fans but consoles are nice for playing with your friends or throwing down in some madden but for pure power the PC will win hands down always.

SenateKT said:
the topic was not how cheap it is (btw ps3 is gunna cost 500$) or how easy it is for a noob to get into the game without having to patch it or what not it was consoles outshining computers in pure gaming horsepower. It hasnt happened and it will never happen simply due to the fact that nvidia and ati make all the videocards for consoles same with computers anything they use for there consoles they release for computers by the time the ps3 is released the new ati ati cards will be out with crossfire far surpassing the ps3 in graphical power even know graphics cards alone do not make a gaming machine with computers being able to hold 6 gigs of many differant kinds of RAM and processors being at 4GHZ+ already with dual cores the consoles are just left in the dust like they will always be. Sorry console fans but consoles are nice for playing with your friends or throwing down in some madden but for pure power the PC will win hands down always.

:blackeye: consoles just took a clean blow! rofl

SenateKT said:
hold 6 gigs of many differant kinds of RAM and processors being at 4GHZ+ already with dual cores

The PS3 has XDR RAM which runs 3.2GHz.Thats bandwith of 25.6GB/s compared to the 3.2GB/s found on PC3200. Find me a PC that can compete with that..

Im not saying that Consoles are better, i use both. BUt what i am saying is that your "dissmisal" of consoles seems a bit premature considering you have never seen let alone played any of them.

PC's tend to catch up very quickly.. but what ever happens after i saw the METAL GEAR SOLID 4 trailer i am definatly buying a ps3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back