Connect 2 seperate networks wirelessly

Our previous set up had one network with computers in the home running wired and wireless. The setup had a cable modem, a separate wireless router, a readyshare USB and computers running wired and wireless. I had to add computers to my shop out back. I installed a new netgear extender to work with the inside (house) netgear router. Worked ok.
We just had a new internet and modem connection put in the shop. I had a static IP installed on the modem. I purchased a netgear router for the shop to connect to the modem and connect 3 computers, printers and the security camera DVR. We are split into 2 networks now, but I need to be able to access all the computers and readyshare on both networks, shop to house or house to shop.
Can I use a wireless connection between the two routers to accomplish this, or maybe set up a wireless VPN. Both routers have VPN capabilities. Need some help and guidance on this one. I don.'t know how to configure a wireless connection between the to routers and know little of nothing about setting up VPN. Can I hook up the extender from the house network to the new router in the shop since it is already set up and hooked up to the house???
Thanks

Okay. This can be done but not how it is set up right now. You still need something to bridge the networks and you will not nee a separate internet connection at the shop. A wireless bridge will work but you should do some shopping around and avoid wireless range extenders as each hop halves throughput. On the first router connected to the internet leave it in default configuration. plug a wireless bridge into LAN port of router 1. On router 2 give it an IP in the same subnet but not same IP as router 1 and disable DHCP. Plug the other bridge into a LAN port of router 2. Now both routers should be on the same network. To do anything more advanced you need business/commercial grade equipment. If you would like a diagram I can make one. Let me know.

Back