Connecting front panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Buss

Hello.
I am building a pc and am starting from scratch.
I have a MoBo (Intel d865glc), and am trying to get an image through to my monitor. I have connected power to MoBo, put in the RAM and connected the monitor to the MoBo.
I have power on my monitor and when i connect power to my pc the cpu-fan starts (without me having to push anything) and the monitor reacts by saying "no input signal" and then going to sleep after 20 secs. There is no reaction when i press the on or reset buttons on my cabinet.
i can see a little green light on my MoBo so i know it recives power.

I know where to put the front panel connectors on the MoBo but i am not sure that i am doing it right. The connectors i have comming from my cabinet are called
- h.d.d. led (red wire)
- power sw (gray wire)
- sleep led (orange wire)
- reset sw (blue wire)

Theese are all 2 pin

I have a fifth wire, green, called "Power led" witch also is 2 pin but has a 3 pin head without any wire attached to the middle one. That one fits another place on the MoBo called j9j3 and when i put it there, a light on my cabinet turns green.

I have tried a LOT of diferent setups for the 4 front panel wires and there is no change. I cant seem to find any answer on the net and therefore i am asking you guys.
Is it the front panel connectors? Or could it be the CPU that is malfunctioning or just not mounted right? Does anyone know the correct way to setup the front panel connectors?

I got the MoBo from my brother-in-law so i dont have a manual :eek:(

I hope someone can help me out, it would be mutch apriciated.

Darth Buss

Here's the Manual http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d865glc/BFLC_English.pdf

k9729t.jpg

Thanks man.

Do you have any idea why my "reset switch" has only 2 pins? It seems that the diagram requires 3 pins for the "reset switch"
And why i have a "sleep led"?
And why mu "power led" has 3 pins?

Could "sleep led" be identical with "power led"?

Darth Buss

.....and how do i know witch one should go on ex pin 1 and witch one goes on pin 3?
All the wires has a white cord and a colored cord. Witch is witch?

Smetimes it is difficult.

ie the M/b and the box did not come out together.

You may need to follow each color back (or forward rather) to confirm which is which. ie Power is pwr

I've never done any damage putting the wires in the wrong spot, and then later putting them in another spot (usually finding pwr ironically)

As for where each of yours go. Put the ones in that you know (note LED have polarity, they must be around the right way)

And then slowly but surely figure out the others. Good luck, they're all different!

My power led has 3 holes with only the outer sockets connected to wires. I can not connect it to pin 6+8 becurse only one would touch a pin. (am i babeling here? do you understand? the middlehole is empty on my "power led")
I think it should go in the Power Led, item "E" on page 40 of the manual.

When i asked about pin1+3 it was ment as an example. My question is: does it matter wich way i turn the cord? is there a plus and minus thing going on? How do i tell wich way to plug it in?

Is there a chance that the whole thing is the CPUs fault? Does the MoBo use the CPU to start the bios?

Hang on Power led is 2 and 4
You may need to pull the wires out of the 3 hole connector, and purchase single connectors, that you can push the wires into.

does it matter wich way i turn the cord
Yes for the LED
The wires are usually Red;. Orange; Blue; = Positive
But, if you put them the wrong way around they will still work anyway.

Does the MoBo use the CPU to start the bios
There are a sequence of steps that the bios requires to start the computer
CPU is one of them, therefore this can be the fault

Ok.
Final Q: If the front panel connectors are connected corectly and the problem is the cpu, wpuld the cpu-fan start without me pushing the startup button? as soon as i turn on power at the back of the chassis the fan starts and this seems odd to me.

It is possible to receive a half turn of the CPU fan, on power insert. This is due to residual power being dispersed still in the computer.
But it should not stay on, until the computer is actually started, nor can I see this happening under any condition. Unless the motherboard LED was actually connected to the PWR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back