Constant Bluescreen Issues IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

ChrisPC

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
A DRIVER HAS OVERRUN A STACK BUFFER
These are the three errors I've been running into for a while. Basically, my computer will randomly bluescreen while gaming. It does not do it during anything else as far as I've experienced. However, the game I'm playing is not relevant; it will do it during any game. Please help me resolve this problem quickly. Thanks!

Here are the dmp files. Hopefully this works, as I've not used Dropbox much and not quite in this fashion.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z1htrlepe7218oe/AACEyQuEpRxb...

Okay, when you can, test the C drive by going to Computer and right-click on the C drive. Select Properties, Tools, Check Now. Put a check mark in both boxes to set a disk check on the next start up. Then test your memory using Memtest86 version 5.01. Run Memtest86 for at least 7 passes. Any errors mean trouble:
http://www.memtest.org/

Okay, when you can, test the C drive by going to Computer and right-click on the C drive. Select Properties, Tools, Check Now. Put a check mark in both boxes to set a disk check on the next start up. Then test your memory using Memtest86 version 5.01. Run Memtest86 for at least 7 passes. Any errors mean trouble:
http://www.memtest.org/
Alright I ran the disk check and came up clean, I'll run Memtest when I find my disc of it XD

I looked at the dump files you linked to, and they point to memory and or boot drive issues. Post any new dump files by going to C:\windows\minidump and select all the .dmp files. Right-click sending these files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload this folder as a file here... Much faster for us

I looked at the dump files you linked to, and they point to memory and or boot drive issues. Post any new dump files by going to C:\windows\minidump and select all the .dmp files. Right-click sending these files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload this folder as a file here... Much faster for us

Attachments

• 0424-0426.zip
    326.9 KB · Views: 3
Okay, good job on posting these minidumps. After looking at them, I'm going to suggest we take a look at the video card and it's drivers...

Okay, good job on posting these minidumps. After looking at them, I'm going to suggest we take a look at the video card and it's drivers...
I have the GTX 780 and the drivers are updated. Should I perhaps go to a previous driver? Also, the crashes started a week after updating the driver, wouldn't it occur sooner considering the consistency of the crashes?

Have you used this site for getting the latest drivers?
http://www.geforce.com/drivers
Do you have the Geforce Experience installed?
Yes I do and I made sure to check for updates. I tried going back to the previous driver, and have had no problems since. If this persists through tomorrow I'll assume it was the new drivers and wait for another to come out. I'll post back with the results.

Well it bluescreened again today directly after booting up, first time it's happened when I wasn't in a game.

Attachments

• 042815-34554-01.zip
    37.5 KB · Views: 1
What is the make and model of the C drive?
NTOSKRNL.exe and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL are the flagged items this time, again pointing to a boot disk issue

Does it look like this View attachment 80204
No, it's a SATA hard drive. The pins on the left are the bent ones, the plastic was broken off and hanging and the pins were bent downward. Considering the way the cord connects to the hard drive I'm not sure if it'll still work out without the plastic there...

Attachments

• seagateXT2TB_sata3.jpg
    seagateXT2TB_sata3.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 1
That's a rare thing to get broken. I wouldn't use the drive because the SATA data cable would be resting on the pins and not the plastic tab. You could try it though

Well go ahead and try it just place it in the computer without screwing it in first
Couldn't even get it to stay on the pins. I'll see if I can RMA it, it was like this when I opened it, but I purchased it 6 months ago. I had no reason to use it until now. Hopefully they still accept it.

You could to really rule out software corruption on the drive, but I'm almost sure that the drive is done

Back