Constant BSOD in Windows 7 for various reasons

raggapunksound

Hi there everyone, new here and such. :)

I've been having several annoying issues with my computer ever since July last year when someone put it into sleep mode instead of turning it off. I haven't overclocked my PC in a few years now, since my motherboard gets temperamental without the right tweaking, but it gets temperamental anyway when it goes to sleep.

Alas, I digress. Every so often, sometimes within ten minutes of turning it on, sometimes ten hours, my PC will crash. I will get a blue screen with messages such as "PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA," "DRIVER ISSUE" and other such errors. Sometimes, there will be no error name at the top. Sometimes specific files are identified, the names of which I cannot remember. However, it has been annoying me for ages now, and I really cannot for the life of me figure out what it is.

I have uploaded some minidumps, but I cannot post a link to them yet because I don't have over 5 posts. There are quite a lot of them, and I can't read them (they open by default in VB, which I "need a registration key to run"). Does anyone have any ideas?

Right, I've tried attaching the dumps to this post - they're apparently the ones that are generated when the system crashes. There are however quite a few of them, and the file is too big (1.16MB). I'm going to go through them and just upload the most recent one in a bit. I've had a look down the Event Viewer, and one of the major events that sticks out is this one:

The description for Event ID 19011 from source MSSQL$SONY_MEDIAMGR cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

(SpnRegister) : Error 1355

It occurs around 12-15 minutes before each crash and dump. Googling the error shows that people who run other Sony media products (such as Vegas) get similar crashes. I have since uninstalled Sony Acid Pro 6, and I'm hoping the crashes go away now.

On a related note, looking at SpeedFan gives me the following:

Temp1: 31
Temp2: 46
Temp3: 60
HD0: 29
Temp1: 40
Core 0: 38
Core 1: 38
GPU: 80
GPU: 128

I know the HD4870X2 runs hot, but I didn't think it ran that hot. I'm going to try updating Catalyst and seeing if that sorts out the temperature issues. The video card is currently idling, as far as I'm aware.

Give speedfan the ouster for temp readings. The 128c for the GPU is a common default reading posted when it (the programs link to the sensor) is not working. try Hw Monitor or MSI Afterburner for the GPU temp readings.

Grrrr. My PC has just been restarted after crashing. There was no blue screen this time. I was playing Prototype on it when it crashed. One dump are attached, the other is too big (215KB). Does anyone have any ideas? I'm reading the events log but I can't seem to find out what on earth is wrong with it.

I've uninstalled Sony Media Manager, I've updated my Catalyst drivers, and my BIOS hasn't had any revisions. I'm stumped!

Attachments

• WD-20100423-1631.zip
    50 KB · Views: 0
Right, I've tried attaching the dumps to this post - they're apparently the ones that are generated when the system crashes. There are however quite a few of them, and the file is too big (1.16MB). I'm going to go through them and just upload the most recent one in a bit. I've had a look down the Event Viewer, and one of the major events that sticks out is this one:

The description for Event ID 19011 from source MSSQL$SONY_MEDIAMGR cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

(SpnRegister) : Error 1355

It occurs around 12-15 minutes before each crash and dump. Googling the error shows that people who run other Sony media products (such as Vegas) get similar crashes. I have since uninstalled Sony Acid Pro 6, and I'm hoping the crashes go away now.

On a related note, looking at SpeedFan gives me the following:

Temp1: 31
Temp2: 46
Temp3: 60
HD0: 29
Temp1: 40
Core 0: 38
Core 1: 38
GPU: 80
GPU: 128

I know the HD4870X2 runs hot, but I didn't think it ran that hot. I'm going to try updating Catalyst and seeing if that sorts out the temperature issues. The video card is currently idling, as far as I'm aware.

Go into System, Advanced System Settings, start up and recovery, and make sure the minidump settings are set for small 256 and over-write is enabled

I've set it to small 256 dump now, so I will upload the new dump when it crashes again. I just recovered from a crash, and the screen I was shown and the dump are attached. I was playing Prototype when it crashed.

Attachments

• bsod.jpg
    bsod.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 022112-22495-01.zip
    22.5 KB · Views: 1
As we know:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Ntoskrnl.exe

Is Windows 7 fully updated to Service Pack 1 and are the optional updates installed? Do you see any yellow exclamation points in the device manager?

I just updated to SP1, and I got this crash ten minutes after starting up again. I haven't seen any warning yellows or reds in device manager. :(

Attachments

• 022112-30810-01.zip
    32.5 KB · Views: 1
  • bsod2.jpg
    bsod2.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 1
Have you done any memory or hard drive checks? BSOD's tend to corrupt hard drives and make things worse...

Back