Control panel display desktop access

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfhsteelers

Hello everyone,

I seem to have gotten an issue with changing my desktop display properties. I had a virus and had removed it but this last item is not working for me. I still see this annoying blinking message every time I boot up. Does anyone have a step by step process that will work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

You need to clarify the problem:
Subject: I still see this annoying blinking message every time I boot up.
Tag: desktop display access lost

What is blinking?
What is the message?
What CAN'T you do?
Is the Desktop tan in Display missing?

If you suspect malware is still present, best you move over to the Virus and Malware Removal forum. Follow the steps here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Attach the 3 logs and results of a full system scan with your AV program. We'll review the logs.

Thanks for your help, sorry about the delay.

The blinking message is located in the desktop background. The message says Warning Dangerous Spyware Many viruses were found on your computer such as: Trojan Horse, PassCapture, etc. Your personal information can fall into in the "third hands". Please check up the computer with a special software. Thank

That is the message that is located in the center of my desktop. The Warning is the thing that keeps blinking. What I can't do is go into my desktop settings and change the desktop background. I have the desktop tab but I can't change anything. It won't let me.
Everything else works fine. I did an Acronis backup of my sytem and reloaded my o/s by choosing what I needed. But I must have missed something.

The message says Warning Dangerous Spyware Many viruses were found on your computer such as: Trojan Horse, PassCapture, etc. Your personal information can fall into in the "third hands". Please check up the computer with a special software

You have malware and that 'special software' will give you more!.

So you decided to do a reformat and reinstall instead of fixing it? How do you know the backup isn't infected!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back