Controlling H100i Rad with Cosmos 2 fan controller?

deanlaing12

Is it possible to control the radiator fans from the h100i using the cosmos 2 fan control interface?

The h100i fans connect directly to the pump and use some kind of software to adjust there speed. However, I don't want software, I want to control it with a physical button that is offered on my cosmos 2 case.

the problem I am encountering is that the fans on the rad use four pins, but the fan controller supports only 3 pin fans.

I would replace the fans with the new one I got from corsair since they are three pins but they are made for airflow, not pressure, and it means I would not be able to use the speed adjust on the fans I replaced it with.

Would a simple converter from 4 pins to three pins do the job? If this works, is there a cable to fuse two four pins into a single three pin?

Also, by ignoring the software corsair provides, the pump is not going to stop running right? there is an additional single pin conected into a three pin header on the board in form of a three pin, (Only has single pin though), however, there is also a sata power connector connected directly to the pump, along side the single pin.

As for the fan controller, yes a simple 4 to 3 pin converter will work and still allow you to control the H100i fans very easily and with no problems. Now with the software on the H100i, that's a different story, though your pump is not going to stop running just because the fans are not hooked into it. However, the system may point a warning saying the fans are not hooked up, but that should be your only issue and you can just ignore it.

You don't have to use the Corsair link USB cable if you're using a fan controller. The 3 pin/single wire is just to give the motherboard's CPU_FAN header an RPM signal (pump speed is constant) so it doesn't show an error in BIOS. The stock H100i fans are PWM controlled and won't work,so you'll have to get 3 pin fans if you want to control them through your fan cont. Just be sure the pump is hooked up to your power supply.
http://www.corsair.com/us/media/cms/manual/49-000175_rev_AB_H100i_QSG_web.pdf

Get some 1850rpm Scythe Gentle Typhoons, they're 3 pin and way better and quieter than the stock Corsair ones.

Back