Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus question

ingeborgdot

I am putting together a new build with a hyper 212 plus and some corsair vengeance memory that goes right beside it. The problem is that the hyper 212 extends slightly into the 1st slot of memory. The vengeance memory is way too high with the heatsink on it. What can I do? Can I put the fan on the cooler to pull instead of push or will I lose some cooling? Do I need to get different memory? Can I take of the heatsink on the first stick? Thanks.

Looking at that memory, it looks like there's a little tab/hole/thing to pry the heatsink off. Don't force it, because you might cause damage. But if you can get it off gently, the RAM should operate fine without it.

I'm not sure about the difference between push/pull cooling, but I think you might lose some efficiency if you set your fan to pull from the other side. I've seen several dual-fan coolers that have a fan on both sides, but every single-fan cooler I've seen has a fan pushing air, not pulling, There's probably a reason for that.

You could also try turning your cooler so it faces another way. This might mean disrupting the airflow though.

But yeah, don't force the heatsink off. If it doesn't behave, you might want to pick different memory, or a different cooler.

I ended up sending that cooler back and went with a corsair h40 which I love. It has been keeping my cpu the coolest I have ever had one and it is so clean looking too.

Back