Coprocessor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigdexter1

I put a Biostar MOBO in the system with a new AMD 6400+ X2 processor and all is fine but the devise manager tells me it needs the driver for the coprocessor.
I do have a Sata/IDE card controlling a 2nd DVD rom. It does read it in the
'my computer' section of windows Vista 64 bit .Not in the BIOS though.
I have the HDD as Master and a DVD as a slave. then the 2nd DVD as a master on the SATA card.
What gives.

Turn off Power Mnagement in your system (startup) bios

Or check for any drivers from your m/b support page

Sounds like you might need to install your chipset drivers.

Did you reinstall Windows upon installing the new motherboard?

No on the windows reinstall. When I treid to do a windows repair it tells me to remove a device such as a music player or Picture device.

It Says its a coprocessor in PCI Bus 0, Devise 1, Function 3

Back up your data, reinstall Windows and be sure to install all of the latest drivers for your motherboard and devices.

Coprocessors are responsible for "floating-point" math, which otherwise would create an excessive load on the main CPU. They can perform high-level mathematical operations such as long division, trigonometric functions, roots, and logarithms, at 10 to 100 times the speed of the corresponding main processor.

The operations performed by the coprocessor are all operations that make use of noninteger numbers (numbers that contain digits after the decimal point). The need to process numbers in which the decimal is not always the last character leads to the term floating point because the decimal (point) can move (float), depending on the operation.

The integer units in the main CPU work with integer numbers, so they perform addition, subtraction, and multiplication operations. The main CPU is responsible for handling such computations so these operations are not offloaded to the coprocessor.

Biostar TF570 SLI MoBo

An Saphire 2600GT Vid Card On PCI16 slot 1
A Creative Sata Controller Card Used to have a extra EIDE spce for a 2nd DVD ROM
Creative Audigy Sound card
Thats all.
The board hase 1 EIDE plug and I have the HDD as a Master with slave preset
and a DVD Rom as a slave.
The other DVD Rom is on the SATA controller Card and it is set to master since that is the only thing on the ribbon.
The sytem reads the DVDs ok but in the BIOS it only show 1 DVD ROM.
As of now I have disbaled the devise.

Just giving a little input, passing by, please continue with Zenosincks support.

Possibly the A Creative Sata Controller Card causing issues.
Instead of disabling you may want to try removal (to test)

The power management option earlier stated, in bios. May still need to be addressed.

I removed the SATA card and still had the issue. The SATA card actually shows that the device is working properly. I Went to power management and the settings were all normaL.I will dive into this in the am and try some more investigation. I also have a ASUS M2A-MVP MOBO I will try to swap out and see if I get the same problem.

You are absolutely 100% certain you have installed all of the latest drivers for your PC?

I am going to go ahead and assume you meant a Sapphire 2600XT and not "Saphire 2600GT". I will also go ahead and assume that your video card is using the PCI-E x16 interface.

Generally (as far as I'm aware) the PCI-E slots use their own bus directly connected to the Northbridge/MCH so I don't think it would be your VPU if it was referring to the device as being in "PCI Bus 0, Device 1, Function 3", because that runs on a separate bus which runs through the Southbridge/ICH and then the data passes through the Northbridge/MCH. Unless you read it wrong and posted PCI instead of PCI-E.

Take your Creative Audigy sound card out and see if it goes away...

Yes it is a 2600xt, in the pcix16 slot. Yes all the latest drivers are on.
I will do the soundcard and see if that makes a differance.

The sound card checks out as working properly in the device manager.

I forgot my DVI-analog plug at home so I will have to wait till tommorow to work on it somemore.

I didn't have this problem with the ASUS board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back