Inactive Corruption Lingers Following Removal of Malware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,

My laptop was infected with the Rogue Malware called Internet Security 2013. I had some success in removing it after using Malwarebytes, but there are corruptions that linger. For instance, my Microsoft Security Essentials was not recognizing the only user as the administrator. I fixed this by entirely removing MSE with Microsoft's fix it program; however, I'm now unable to reinstall MSE--even from a flash drive. It is an installation error (probably due to lingering corruption) and not a download error. Of second order is the problem with Internet Explorer. With the infection of the rogue software, IE9 began to refuse everything I tried to download (firefox[second browser], all antivirus/anti-malware software) as a virus and rejected it. I am able to use firefox (once again, ported from a flash drive) and download anything including software.

I have run several different programs

• Malwarebytes
  • Security Check
  • AdwCleaner
  • RogueKiller
  • Microsoft Fix It
  • RKill
  • DDS
Can attach logs.

Just curious if anyone has any ideas why there are lingering effects after removing the initial problem.

Thanks a lot.

Welcome aboard

Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back