Corsair H50 In Antec 900

Status
Not open for further replies.

princeton

Hiya,

So I have an antec 900 V2 case. And I am thinking of getting the corsair H50 to cool what will be a core i5-750 hopefully at 4GHZ. What I am wondering is at 4GHZ would the H50 be a bit overkill or is water cooling worth it. I don't really care about the price as long as its under 90-100. Also with the antec 900. It has a back exhaust fan and 2 intake fans on the front as well as an exhaust fan on the top. I know I would have to reverse the back exhaust fan because the H50 design needs the back part to be intake but will that mess up the airflow and will I have to change other fan directions. Reference links.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181010
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...129058&cm_re=antec_900-_-11-129-058-_-Product

Hi there
I actually set up the same cooling with the same proccessor a few nights ago...its not a true water cooling system...actually uses no water at all oddly...its like a highg end air cooler... I installed the fan on the sliding door of my computer case and it looks like your case also has that side fan..hope this helps!

Hi there
I actually set up the same cooling with the same proccessor a few nights ago...its not a true water cooling system...actually uses no water at all oddly...its like a highg end air cooler... I installed the fan on the sliding door of my computer case and it looks like your case also has that side fan..hope this helps!

But it does use some sort of liquid. I know it is pre filled and enclosed.

It does have a liquid solution ... the fan is to dissipate the heat from the radiator. The pump is attached to the CPU block. I am using the H50 currently and having used some other air cooled solution i will rate that the H50 is somewhere between a most top end aircooling solutions, it certainly doesn't beat all of them.

It does have a liquid solution ... the fan is to dissipate the heat from the radiator. The pump is attached to the CPU block. I am using the H50 currently and having used some other air cooled solution i will rate that the H50 is somewhere between a most top end aircooling solutions, it certainly doesn't beat all of them.

Would you recommend a different cooler over this one? If so which ones.

Depends on your budget i guess, but noctua nhd14 is a good choice you can look at ... also the thermal light venomous x is another good one to look at.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608018

price wise its slightly on the higher side... is a good cooler especially if you want to overclock.

cant seem to find the venomous x but the price range should be slightly cheaper then this.

Whoa kickass cooler but a bit of a high price. In your opinion would the H50 get an i5-750 to 3.6-4.0ghz? I will have the fan at 100% all the time the computers on.

yea it will ... you can also try and setup a pushpull for the h50 a friend of mine in another forum has set it up and says there is a slight boost in performance ... i have not had the time to try and experiment with that.

yea it will ... you can also try and setup a pushpull for the h50 a friend of mine in another forum has set it up and says there is a slight boost in performance ... i have not had the time to try and experiment with that.

Hey I am probably the biggest noob ever. Whats a pushpull? Sorry I know questions like that are time wasting.
EDIT: Ah a fan pushing air out and one pulling air out or the other way around. Hmm quite an interesting idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back