Corsair Obsidian Series 500D Review: Premium Tempered Glass & Aluminum

Is this meant to be the replacement for the Obsidian 450D?

If so, consider me unimpressed.

4yrs later and my 450D is still the best mid size, high airflow case Corsair have ever released.

I've always loved Corsair cases - I have my latest rig in the 900D, but had always admired the 700 and 800 series cases as well. This one looks quite nice - I might purchase one of these in a couple of years when I need a new desktop...

My current case is the corsair 230T...Idk if my next case will be corsair, there are so many more options on the market right now.

NZXT, EVOLV, PHANTEKS...I think my next build( threadripper or ryzen 2) will probably get me on of these other brand cases...brilliant review though tech writer!

I like Corsair products ,I'm still using the 800D, ,one thing I do find , I have pets ,,meaning I don't live in a doctors office, dust and hair eventually get everywhere.while most is easy to keep ahead of with a good vacuuming .after a year or so though I usually have to disassemble the pc to give it a good cleaning ,and I can imagine the glass ,will be unsightly in no time.
just something I have to consider when choosing a case.

I like Corsair products ,I'm still using the 800D, ,one thing I do find , I have pets ,,meaning I don't live in a doctors office, dust and hair eventually get everywhere.while most is easy to keep ahead of with a good vacuuming .after a year or so though I usually have to disassemble the pc to give it a good cleaning ,and I can imagine the glass ,will be unsightly in no time.
just something I have to consider when choosing a case.

Good point pets and small children with their finger prints will have that glass messed up in no time.

Thank god I have neither lol

Back