Couple month old custom PC has problems

TechHungry808

Hey guys, Im pretty new to the forums. In Fact I Just joined a Few Minutes ago. Ill Be Using this Forum, don't worry I wont just dump it after a problem is solved. Im Considered a Noob, but I do know Quite a lot about Computers.
Here's My specs:
-NZXT Lexa S Case( Maybe cooling issues?)
-AMD Athlon II X4 630 @ 2.7Ghz.
- Asus M4A87TD EVO Mobo
-8Gigs of G.Skill Sniper DDR3 Ram
-Zotac 9500 Gt 512mb Graphics Card
-450w Power supply I believe.
And Here's My Problem tho:
I Bought a Custom Built computer from a Friend. I think i bought it in April. Anyways The first like 2-5 months its been running Strong, I did some light gaming. Then about Starting last month The computer would Freeze for a couple seconds. If left unattended The computer will go into sleep mode and When it does that The Case Light Blinks and when i try to wake it, nothing happens. I have to turn off power supply, turn back on then Start up the PC. My brother does do some Gaming( age of Mythology) for some long period of time ( Like 4 hours maybe ). I Was thinking its because the computer cant handle that much gaming and how he constantly plays. I Just Don't know what's Wrong..

Any help Would be Greatly Appreciated :) Thank You!

Sounds like the problem is related to Windows going into standby and being unable to wake up afterwards.

Disable sleep in the power options of control panel, and then run it and see how it then behaves with extended usage.

If you suspect temps are an issue download HWMonitor and then play some games and get back to use with the temps. If it was overheating it would lock up and reboot though in most instances.

Well what are your maximum temps?

EDIT: is there any reason your underclocking your CPU, or is it a mistype? Is the CPU actually overclocked from its factory 2.8GHz settings?

That's really low, and not an issue in the slightest. The highest temperature will usually end up being the GPU after extended usage gaming. If your only getting 118'F from it then your well below the threshold of its maximum temperature.

I advise you disable system sleep, then run it and see how you get on.

EDIT: Max allowable temperature for your GPU is 220'F give or take a few degrees. Nvidia list it as 105'C.

If your concerned overheating is an issue then I advise you to run HWMonitor and then play games for 20-30 mins. That should be plenty of time for the GPU to heat up, and show issues with cooling if there are any.

Idle temps don't really mean a lot unfortunately, the important factor is how your cooling setup deals with the excess heat from being stressed by gaming or 3D work.

Okay, Sorry Ill Just Fumble around with things and see how it goes. If i need help, ill come back.
Thanks a lot for your help :) Really Appreciate it.

No worries. Update this post with temps once you've played a few games and we can eliminate that as being an issue.

Hey Leeky, So um I was looking at my Clock speed and it seemed to be changing from 2.8ghz to 800mhz. I looked it up in some forums and people were saying the computer is in a Power saving mode thing. I was thinking, maybe this is why my computer would shut off at times? Im not so sure.

Back