CPU broken

Hello,
I broke my cpu chip accidenty pins fell off and other blent over.

My motherboard is

ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
my cpu was:

AMD FD6350FRHKBOX FX-6350 FX-Series 6-Core Black Edition

If I buy same new cpu will my computer will run without problems? No bios setting to change ?

You didn't explain how you broke the pins. Did you also break the motherboard CPU socket?

If the socket is not damaged, you will not have any issues with a different CPU.

I was cleaning the fans and took off chip... Yes I am dumb. I think CPU socket is okay. Its possible way to check it ? I used very old CPU but dosen;t load him this cpu is from 2005

If the socket appears to be OK and there are no pins broke off in the CPU socket, I will say you are fine. But that is an assumption without guarantee. The best answer I can give is go with your gut feeling on this. I know it's not what you want to hear, but it's the best I can give. I don't envy your position, I've been there myself and can sympathize with you.

I found that the old CPU socket missing two pins, now I have another problem when I turn on my computer then I pressing shut down button for 10 seconds and still is running. Is it normal or motherboard is broken too now ?

Back