Cpu fan stops cpu gets hot and computer shuts down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys, as you see my title what i wrote thats true my cpu fan stops and cpu gets worm and computer shuts down..i have no idea what the problem could be..i put cpu cable to cpu fan plug computer starts perfectly..then after some time it just shuts downs..when i put cpu fan cable to system fan 1 plug it works at 100% and it doesnt shut down because motherboard makes it to work..by her self. but why it gets worm and why the fan stops at cpu fan plug... i got Intel Core 2 E6600 LGA775 Conroe 2.40GHz (1066FSB)
i Got X-power ATX-600TD power suply,ASUS 7950GT 512mb video card,OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) PC2-5400C5 Dual Channel Vista Upgrade Gold Series DDR2 memory...and i got GIGABYTE S-series motherboard GA-P35-S3...if any of you had similar problem or you got suggestions please tell me..thanks..

I think you should read your manual about Bios settings for fan operation on the mobo re the cpu - under 'PC Health Status' I think you'll find some guidance.

i have red it but i didin't actually find anything.i guess i'm only the one who having this problem.i havent find anyone who had or have a similar problem. thanks for suggestion CCT anyway.

The cpu fan connector has 4 pins: control, sensor, +12v and ground, while the sys fan connector has 3 pins only (no control) make sure the control wire is there in the connector and is inserted properly and making contact with the board.
just a thought, good luck

Like CCT said Read the manual. there is a surprising amount of info in that little book. And its not surprising how many people we, here at, see on a weekly basis who have done something minor, incorrectly that leads to a major problem like CPU overheating.

Survey Says.......

"Award" BIOS es usually have a function they call "CPU Smart Fan" or similar. If you disable that function, the CPU fan will run full blast. Some fans will not continue to run or restart if the voltage is, or drops too low. Anyway, like everyone has said an explanation off this should be in the mobo manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back