CPU overclocking problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

deenace

Hi everybody,
i have intel dual-core e2180 on ecs p4m900t-m2 board in my old pc.
The problem is the cpu wont overclock though there is a overclocking option on the bios.
i've set the cpu bus to 280mhz(by default it is 200mhz and 10x multiplier) after saving the bios the windows succesfully loads without any issues but when checking in CPU-Z it shows only 205.9mhz. ie. 2.05ghz.(should be 2.8ghz ).
Im able to set the bus speed till 300mhz sucessfully more than that the system fails to boot.
Is my ram lagging to overclock my cpu because its only 667mhz

Whats that its not done as i see many people overclocking the same cpu till 3.2ghz!! so could you help please:confused:

Have you made sure that it isn't because of intel speedstep?
Also thats is a rather large jump considering you don't even know your CPU's limit, you could try in smaller increments.

Whats that its not done as i see many people overclocking the same cpu till 3.2ghz!! so could you help please
Ahh but they have a better motherboard, and probably a luckier processor.

Intel speedstep clocks CPU speed down when your not using it...you have to stress your CPU to get accurate readings. And you can't set "speedstep to maximum", its either on or off, and no it won't really effect overclocking.

what does that mean
I mean instead of jumping from 2ghz to almost 3ghz, you can try in smaller steps, like 2, 2.4, 2.6...

[QUOTE='hellokitty[hk];854393' And you can't set "speedstep to maximum", its either on or off,
[/QUOTE]

In my case its EIST and there is no on or off option , my bios displays 4 options for EIST and they are maxium,minimum,auto and disable. So i've set maximum for that, thats what i wanted to say..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back