CPU Overheating at 95 Degrees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, my CPU is overheating at 95 degrees, and I think that's what's causing my PC to shut down.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bradderz

Whoa 95 degreese!!! At load or idle? Your fan must have failed.. Be carefull you could fry it at that temperature!!! My cpu idles at 39C right now and the core at 28C

I have a few things open, nothing major. MSN, FireFox etc. It has reached 96. I've recently downloaded SpeedFan to monitor it.

Omg wow dude that's amazing... I didint know CPU's can go over 80-90C... What CPU do you have?? On speedfan how many RPM's is the fan going at?? Open your case and check if the fan is spinning. Try to keep your case open and see if it drops in temperature. How many fans do you have?? Dude your gonna fry it at that temperature. Be carefull!!

I have an E-System, I can't seem to find a website for them either.

Screenshot:
screenshot.png

I see but it doesnt say CPU it says TEMP 2, that's really weird. Ok do the CPU-Z thing i told you and post me a screenshot of them CPU settings on the main page of CPU-Z.

After that open your case and tell me if you see any drop in temperature or if you see a fan not spinning.

I checked online and the max temp for your CPU is 67.6C so it's impossible that that is the CPU cause if it was it would be allready fried.

516 Prescott Socket 775 MAX TEMP: 67.7 CORE VOLTAGE: 1.25-1.4V

It must be the sensor is wrong or something else might be overheating.

With those fan rpm's,don't see how it could get that hot,unless failing (or sensor)
You could try "Intel Desktop Utilities"...(free)..to confirm temps
I had same situation on Gateway,installed Arctic Freezer 7 Pro,dropped temps over 15c,Speedfan now shows 50-65.
But I can't get case fan over 1800 rpm

In many systems, one of SpeedFan's readings is a dud (in this case, "temp 2"). It sometimes goes from sub-zero temperatures to over 100 degrees. You can go to the "Configure" menu to set which sensors to use for each reading.

Bradderz, make sure you have the latest version of speedfan (the latest is 4.33). Newer versions can distinguish between parts rather than using generic names like Temp1, Temp2, etc.

Uhh, I doubt its that hot. I would blame speedfan on this one. Its been known to blow computer temperatures out of scale. When I had it my chipset was NEGATIVE TEN and my cpu was ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY!!! lawl

Try some different programs, maybe one that came with your mobo?

SpeedFan is an excellent tool after some good tweaking is done.

The reason for the impossible readings that some people see is that many motherboards have open temperature channels that don't actually have temperature sensors attached to them. As a result, they'll report random readings.

One must determine which readings are legitimate and assign the appropriate name for that reading in SpeedFan, and disable the incorrect readings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back