CPU Running High % On Startup - Slow Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would appreciate anyone's professional assistance with this one...

Scans from AVG 8.0, Registry Mechanic, SpyBot S&D, Ad-Aware, CCleaner, CleanUp! & Malwarebytes are currently displaying 'nothing found' after a few rounds of scans. A defrag has also been done.

What I'm still having challenges with, is the high consumption of the CPU 85-95% with a terrible slow boot. Once the computer loads the few startup programs that I have... it settles, just a tad...

Ran MS Bootvis to attempt to cleanup the slow boot...didn't do much. The melody at logon still stutters with the slow startup. Lastly, I also attempted to run 'tasklist /svc', (because it seems that I have an unusually high number of processes running under TaskMgr); it ran a very quick, scrolling list & disappeared.

My HiJack log appears clean... Any thoughts, please?? Thanks in advance.

-AD

yea uninstall Hijackthis through add/remove programs

Highjackthis Instructions
  • Make sure you have the LATEST version of HJT (currently v2.0.0.2) it can be downloaded from HERE
  • Run the HijackThis Installer and it will automatically place HJT in C:\Program Files\TrendMicro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe. Please don't change the directory.
  • After installing, the program launches automatically, select Scan now and save a log
  • After the scan is complete please attach your log onto the forums using the paper clip icon above your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back