CPU Temperature idling at 65°, rises to 80° then turns off

Hi, my name's Ashley.

Basically, when I turn my computer on and press delete to go into my bios settings, this comes up

eu3cc1.jpg

When I turn the computer on, I press delete and go into my BIOS settings, it starts off at about 40 degrees then shoots up to 60-70, it stays there for a while but slowly goes up to 80, then turns off.

It's also saying that I have only 1 fan active (on this screen) when I actually have 4 other external ones that are working perfectly fine. I don't know whether to replace the thermal paste, CPU, PSU, heat sink or the entire motherboard. I'm stuck. Please help.

Kind regards

Ashley

I would first replace the thermal paste. If that doesn't help then get a different heatsink. Any dust build-up?

Does the computer also shut down in Windows or is this only happening when you are spending time in the BIOS? If the latter I'd download a free utility that can monitor the working temperature within Windows. If your desktop is working OK in ordinary use there's not much to worry about. Cleaning the inside of the case with an air can is worth doing and only takes a couple of minutes.

Back