Crashing after Windows 10 install on Asus UX32VD

SexyCow

Hi guys,

As the description says I have been experiencing crashes on my Asus UX32vd DH71. This started when I upgraded the original HDD to a Samsung 850 evo (500gb) and the original 2gb ram with a Patriot Signature DDR3 8GB 1600MHz SODIMM (PC3 12800) PSD38G16002S; installed on June 15 2015. I made sure to replace the original ram with one that was on the same cl and I used the cloning program that came with the SSD to do the cloning.

I experienced two types of crashes. One often occurs on boot up whether it is from sleep or when it was already turned off. Another seems to occur randomly and creates bars on my screen. Here is a link to what it looks like https://www.dropbox.com/s/g0k0jfclro6nvuc/2015-06-21 18.01.10.jpg?dl=0

I have used memtest 86 to check if my ram was defective and the results came back negative. According to memtest nothing seems to be wrong with my ram. I have also made sure my SSD is alligned on a 4k boundary and from samsung's magician tool my SSD seems to be in healthy status. I have tried refreshing my pc without affecting my files.

I have recently completed a clean install for windows 10 hoping it was a software issue, but my laptop still seems to crash and more often now than before (90% from boot) but I think when I have my laptop plugged in the chance of a cold shut down is reduced.

I'm thinking it could be an issue with my battery since I had to remove the battery to replace the HDD with the SSD. I don't know if this is important, but I use a external fan and the fans in the ultrabook are a bit dusty.

Here is a link to before I did anything to my laptop: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r7zylcg88c6v5o0/2015-06-12 22.53.48.jpg?dl=0

And this is a link after installation: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6v6fz7mmwepakun/2015-06-12 23.38.13.jpg?dl=0

If there is anymore information you guys would want to know feel free to ask. (This is my first post so sorry if I didn't follow a specific procedure).

Thank you

Have you applied all the Windows 10 updates? What version of Windows 10 is installed? (Windows 10 Pro?) Have you configured the computer Power and Sleep settings? Is this an Asus Zen Book or is it an Ultra Book?

Hi Tmagic650,

I have completed all updates to my version of Windows 10 home. I don't know what you mean by configuring the power and sleep setting, but I have it so that my laptop never sleeps when idle. I also don't use the hibernate function; only sleep. As for your last question I believe this is both an ultrabook and a zenbook. Here is a amazon link to the ultrabook:

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Zenbook-...ie=UTF8&qid=1439753565&sr=8-1&keywords=ux32vd.

So you upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 keeping your files, then you performed a clean upgrade of Windows 10, without keeping anything?

So you upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 keeping your files, then you performed a clean upgrade of Windows 10, without keeping anything?

No I used the clean install option when installing windows 10, but crashing happened before upgrading to windows 10 it was just less frequent.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

But... your title says "Crashing after windows 10 install" not before. This really has nothing to do with Windows 10 at all, does it?

But... your title says "Crashing after windows 10 install" not before. This really has nothing to do with Windows 10 at all, does it?

Before windows 10 my ultrabook did not crash nearly as much as it does now. After installing windows 10 my ultra book will crash at startup almost every time when it is not plugged in.

Sorry for the slow reply.

According to Samsung Magician my SSD is in "Good" Drive health status. I have also made sure it is on a 4k boundary.

To rule out RAM issue, use the previous memory module.

to rule out defective windows installation, clean install windows 10, install latest (laptop) chipset/gpu drivers for windows 10, and reboot.

(I suspect that the lcd connection to the laptop motherboard is somewhat dislodged)

To rule out RAM issue, use the previous memory module.

to rule out defective windows installation, clean install windows 10, install latest (laptop) chipset/gpu drivers for windows 10, and reboot.

(I suspect that the lcd connection to the laptop motherboard is somewhat dislodged)

Hi,

So I already ran memtest 86 and clean installed windows 10 once. I also made sure to update my graphics card driver. I don't know if you read my entire post, but are you asking me to clean install windows 10 and update drivers again?

Thanks for your feedback.

From your first picture of the screen I agree with Thatolddog that the graphics chip on the motherboard is the problem. It's a hardware issue and fiddling around with Windows 10 won't help you one bit.

Back