Crashing, redirecting, blocking, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I was directed to a website I didn't know to view a video and it came up with an error message, something about downloading the appropriate codecs etc, and crashed my computer, needless to say some nasty bugs were picked up.
It has been freezing and crashing consistently, and the graphics on some websites have become skewed.
Now all my search result links are redirected to bogus websites about purchasing antivirus and others of that nature.
Also every time I try to open a site having to do with removing bugs, adware, malware, trojans, ladida, the site is blocked. Dr. Web Cure It, Malwarebyte Anti-Malware, I've tried dozens but they consistently come up with an 'unable to connect' message. I tried to use some proxies but it didn't do any good. This is really the only site that I have been able to access in the genre of computer health, but because of the site blocking I can't download the necessary software to complete the posted preliminary removal instructions.
I only have symantec anti virus already, but unfortunately that is worthless. I did a full scan but it found nothing.

Basically! I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing and some help would be delicious.
Thank you so very much!

If it is a budget Issue, Download MBAM MalwareBytes, SuperAntiSpyware, Avir Antivirus, and Adaware 3003, and the free version of Spyware Doctor 6.0... but to another computer. Burn them to a disk.
Then boot to SAFE MODE with the problem computer and install all from the disk, and run them in SAFE MODE.
If money is no object, get the paid version of Avir Antivirus, and the paid version of Spyware Doctor 6.0 or SpySweeper, SuperAntispyware, and MalwareBytes and run them all in SAFE MODE, then immediately shut down, and run them again in regular mode.
Then reboot, and run the latest version of HiJack This, and send the log to TechSpot for evaluation by those pros who have the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back