Crosshair III Mobo Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought myself a new gaming rig for a self build.

Running -

Asus Crossfire III Mobo
G.Skill PC128000 Memory
AMD Phenom X4 965 BE
Nvidia 8800GTX XXX 768 Graphics Card
Coolermaster V8 cooler
Generic 900w power supply

When I plug everything in the lights all come on, the ROG symbol pulses and the Power\Reset switch illuminate.

When pressing power the system turns on for about 1 second before cutting off and displaying POWER_OFF on the LCD post screen.

If i remove the power from the graphics card the system will power on for 3 seconds and squeal before turning off signaling the graphics card is missing ( due to no power), Same if i remove the memory.

Some things i know -

- The board is rated for the CPU + Memory
- One single Nvidia card will work in the board fine
- The memory is rated for the board and in dual channel configuration (slots 3 and 4 due to cooler size)
- Everything in the system is brand new
- I have NO spare parts to test as this is a new upgrade from an AM2 DDR2 system

Does anyone have any ideas what could be the problem? im thinking perhaps lack of power to the board?

Have seen a 1000w power supply @ PC world (dont hate me, its 30 seconds from my house and I need one by saturday for a gaming event) But dont want to wase cash on it if its something else.

Main reson I think this is that the mobo need and 8 Pin EPS supply and im running it from an adapted Molex using an adaptor from Maplin Electonics

I have also tried resetting the CMOS by the switch on the back.

Can anyone think of anything else?

Your generic power supply may be the source of your troubles, especially because you have to adapt one of the power connectors to the motherboard. Do some research and buy a decent power supply for your new system

I would love to buy a decent one, like a Purepower or Corsair one, But the problem is time.

This system NEEDS to be ready by saturday for a clan match

Im still looking at the PC world one but unsure due to Price and make. Its product code 323259 if anyone would like to take a gander

Well get the supply and see if the computer boots. If it still won't boot what are you going to do? Saturday is less than 2 days away and there is a lot to do to the system after it boots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back