Crysis 2 FPS help -- regarding PC specs

Rostas

I have Crysis 2 and I am playing with everything on ultra , also DX11 + High Textures and all the other stuff. But I feel like i'm not getting most out of my PC spec. I mean , the game doesn't run so smoothly. Almost 25 fps . I can't see with Fraps though but it feels like so .

My PC spec is :

-Intel i7 2600k 3.4 ghz

-HD Sapphire 6950 2 gb 256 bit

-8 gb of RAM 1600mhz

-And a Gigabyte Z68-X-UD3P motherboard

I have the latest catalyst involved. Is it because I play the game on ultra at 1080p or because I have super sampling enabled in the Catalyst. Even though I have these,it SHOULD run at 40-45 fps. I checked on youtube people with the same specs and had all on ultra and their FPS was better than mine . A little help pls.

Do you mean 'supertiling?' as in the render method? or are you speaking of AA method?

I'm talking about the AA method. Either way , the game sets itself at ULTRA on every setting. So , it should run smoother.

That auto select is not to be trusted. It only selects extreme on my machine and I run the hell out of it. But yeah something is wrong there. what does your GPU activity look like?

Well , I haven't checked yet but I'll check . What's the best program to check your GPU activity? I have something to check my CPU and it's ok . I mean , surely there's nothing wrong with the CPU but the GPU is causing this little mischief. I've tried lots of games and they all worked dandy , cause this PC was bought like a week ago.

Ok so I played Crysis 2 on everything ultra , everything on , motion blur etc. And I screenshoted the activity . I'll put the GPU specs and the activity when playing Crysis 2 at everything ultra.

I'll post them in a sec.

gd3.png

9r8.png

Here are the images.

Red will be able to help as he's used to running all sorts of benchmarks and whatnot on different configurations, but what I found was the biggest hit out of all settings was AA. I think I ran with 2x or none as I don't notice jaggies all that much at 1920x1200. I think the game was at 40-60 FPS with ultra settings but low or no AA for me (before Crossfire worked so was with single 5850 I think). Try sacrificing AA to see if that makes it smooth? Although I'd have thought your card would have handled it.

yup, now that we know the GPU is going full bore, start backing off the more intense stuff like AA as Arris said. (especially if you have SS going) SSOA, HBAO, Physics, Post processing,AF

Well yeah , that's the problem . I THOUGHT my card would have handled it without a problem too , but I don't know . Thank you guys though for the info. I'll try sacrificing some AA and see how it goes :).

well AA may not be the problem. It is everything on Ultra. you can gain the FPS back by backing off one or two of the more intense settings and finding a balance. You can try say running 2 or 4AA and backing the post processing off. try killing the physics right off and see what that Does.

Back