1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

CS:GO low FPS (760K/GTX 1050Ti)

By ace2001
Mar 30, 2018
Post New Reply
  1. So lately I've noticed my fps is getting down to 30s if not even high 20s in fights and about 40-70 while just running around the map( depending on the map - "new" or "old" versions).
    I recently upgraded from a R9 270 to a GTX 1050 Ti(the R9 died) so it's been just degrading from there.
    I remember I used to have 80-120 FPS stable on pretty much any map.
    Specs:
    AMD X4 760K
    GIGABYTE GTX 1050Ti
    8 GB RAM
    Thank you all in advance :D

2. delrey

delrey TS Booster Posts: 160   +44

Ok, dumb question. Did you completely uninstall the AMD GPU drivers (recommend using DDU) to completely remove the old drivers?
    If so, do you play any other games to verify the card is running properly? Double check your temperatures with https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html After playing 2 or 3 rounds you can look at your highest temps. Let us know what you find and we can go from there.

holdum323, Cycloid Torus and ace2001 like this.
  3. ace2001

ace2001 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 46

Man, you just saved my ***. I did not remove AMD drivers when I got the new card. So I just uninstalled both AMD and nVidia drivers using DDU and it's back to stable FPS. Thank you so much for reminding me. :D
    P.S.
    There is no such thing as a dumb question :)

delrey likes this.
  4. delrey

delrey TS Booster Posts: 160   +44

Glad to hear that's all it was. Some people take those questions personally but you never know.