CSA - Cisco Security Agent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neogeo1

Hi all, Does anyone know around here know how to get around Cisco Security Agent? It has been installed on my laptop and I find it to be VERY annoying. Cannot rename files. delete files or install additional software......

I have tried stopping to process or preventing it from running on startup but these options are disabled. There must be a way around it. Please help. Thanks.

Uninstall the CISCO Security Agent using the instructions that came with it. If you are using a system on a network setup by a qualified tech, you will not be able to "get around" the problem without the assistant of the network administrator. CISCO is very, very good, and not likely to be compromised by somebody who has to ask the question you asked.

Take it easy Daddy. What is with the smart *** reply? I obviously don't want to uninstall it. I just want to bypass it, and contrary to what you say there are ways. I know how to bypass it to delete and rename executables, but have not figured out how to install what I want on the laptop.

Judging by your reply you don't know either. Leave it alone.

Ok, since you know more than experienced CISCO techs, you tell us how, rather than making inane comments. Since you know there are ways, what in Gorts name are they?
Why do you have CISCO Security Agent on "YOUR" laptop? That is the first question.

Are you implying that you are a Cisco technician? Possible but highly improbable. It is not my laptop, it belongs to the company that I work for. If you don't know how to answer my original question then please don't bother to reply. Don't waste your time or bandwidth because unless you know the answer, you may as well not bother participating in this particular thread.

can you find out where the agent gets its rules from? if they are on local you could try to remove or change them!?

The rules are administered over the network, across the other side of the country. Thanks for your help but I guess this one I won't be able to get around.

We sure can. FYI I registered just to give you this answer and confirm that wanna-be father "raybay" is a silly *****.

You can do a few things depending on CSAs settings, you can stop the process "csacontrol.exe", you can stop the service "start->run->type services.msc" then look for cisco security agent.

Those are the easy ones, if that doesn't work you can rename the system driver CSA uses and then it should be dead for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back