CTRL+V Executes program

Status
Not open for further replies.

ishilicious

Hello, well heres my problem. Two days ago, i was doing some clean-up work on my sisters laptop. She had loads of useless programs installed, among which was a version of Bitdefender 9 BETA which was malfunctioning. I uninstalled Bitdefender and everything seemed back to normal. What I mean by normal is that everything was quite slow and programs didnt exactly work properly. On top of that, half the time I started the laptop, Bitdefender kept showing a message that the program isn't working and it would stay that way until i restarted the computer. Basically after uninstalling it, it got rid of the 'slowness'. Now my problem is that while i was copying and pasting files from one directory to another, as soon as i used the 'paste' command (CTRL+V) the installation exe program for Sony Ericsson PC Suite kept coming up. Its still doing so. Any reason as to why everytime i press that combination, this program keeps turning on? Thanks for your help!

(edit: changed my mind here)

Get your install disk ready and click start, sfc /scannow.

When that is done, reboot.

Any change?

How about un-install Sony Ericsson PC Suite
Check Control V out again. All good?
Re-install Sony Ericsson PC Suite. Now OK ?

Hey guys sorry for the late reply, CCT, lol i tried your first suggestion with the windows installer cleanup utility, and it worked like a charm, i'm not getting the execution for that program anymore. THANKS SO MUCH!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back