Custom PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys i need some advice :confused:
im thinking of building a computer, nothing fancy or top of the line just something to replace an old Dell computer i have.
i looked up a few components and i wanted to know what you guys thought about them. tell me if you guys have read any bad reviews or had any bad experiences with any of these

-Antec Nine Hundred Steel ATX Ultimate Gamer PC Case
-Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe Green nVIDIA Socket Am2 ATX Motherboard
-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3.1GHz 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor (Does the L2 Cache make a big difference? what would be better? This, or a 2mb L2 Cache but running at 3.0GHZ???)
-CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 X 1GB) PC2-6400 800Mhz 240-pin CL4 DDR2 Dual Channel Memory
-Geforce 9800 Gtx+ 512MB GDDR3 *im not sure about this one... im new to Nvidia so i have no clue what card is the card for me
-RAIDMAX RX-630A ATX12V / EPS12V 630W Power Supply * this also im not sure of. anybody recommend a better one??

For the rest i have like hard drives and the Drives i just want to know about these so if anybody has any advice or input on these it would be appreciated.

A lot of those components are good and will do you fine. If you are not going to utilize SLi then I suggest another motherboard. It would help us to know two things:

1. Your budget.

2. What do you want to do with this PC, i.e. gaming, school work, etc?

ok yeah i forgot to mention my budget... but lets say around 700 to 750... i basically want to use this computer for some mid range gaming... nothing x-treme maybr run call of duty 4 with everything on HIGH =) thats my goal lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back