D-link performance question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, this may be a really dumb question, but I just installed a D-Link DI-624 wireless Router that is supposed to deliver 108 MPS, but when you connect to it, it only shows 54 MPS. Is this wrong or normal? What do I need to do to get it up to 108?

Ahhh.. but realize the speed you're concerned about is the speed between your router and your computer.

Even at 54Mbps you have already exceeded the real speed you;re going to get!

That's because your internet connection is at a far slower speed and you can't receive things from internet any faster then your ISP is going to supply it.

if you have have alot of heavy traffic generated between LAN devices is when it might be an issue (i.e. talking to each other and not out to the internet)

Is this wrong or normal? What do I need to do to get it up to 108?
The direct answer is this is normal. The 108 can only be achieved
by using the same vendor's equipment on BOTH ends, ie their router,
as the 108 is a proprietary protocol.

This is akin to the non-approved 802.11n speed-up and connectivity using mixed vendor equipment is problematic.

Thanks for the quick responses. The Router andd everything else seems to be working fine. I just recently went from Dial up to Cox High speed Internet. In doing so, my daughter gave me the DI-624 Router still in the original box. She said it has been in her closet for approx. 3 years, and was never connected. I guess they just didn't want it. I think my next order of business is a software update. I am resonably sure it is overdue for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back