Data recovery from Maxtor One Touch III ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojodancer

I dropped the Maxtor One Touch III to the floor pretty badly. After that it had only momentarily beep sound and could not be detected from Win XP. I took the drive out from the enclosure and hooked it up with the IDE cable and power cord, still no luck from XP but only beep sound could be heard. Now the beep sound is gone and I don't feel anything coming from the drive except a bit warm (with the IDE cable and power cord connected).

So what is the best way to retrieve the data? Any good data recovery softwares? I know there are bunch of places that advertise for data recovery but charges a lot.

Unfortunately, all the "home user" recovery methods/tools to try and recover data assume you can still at least connect to the HD itself (e.g. via the cable as you tried). But seems in your case the drive is physically damaged... so unless you can find a hardware guru to fix an HD with physical damagei, i think you're out of luck :(

/* edit /
I assume you used a USB / IDE cable? Did the drive spin up at all? Did you hear the USB ding dong sound when you connected it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back