Dell 6000 video card problem

I am trying to fix a Dell 6000 basket case I bought but the video card that goes in all the other ones I have worked on won't work. The one I have seen and is displayed in the manual has the small female plug for the cable on the top for the video card and the large female plug on the motherboard. The card I need must be different. The mother board on the basket-case has the small female plug on the motherboard itself and no large female plug on the mb at all.
Anyone familiar with this oddity please respond.
Thank you

It is a junk Vivitar v69379ua -I finally got it to work ,sort of. I use Linux exclusively.

The pic mba1 shows the small plug that is not supposed to be there and the place where the large female plug that attaches the graphics card to the motherboard is supposed to be. The small plug is on top of the graphic card as well, as it should be.
The topgraphics shows the plug where it is supposed to be. I added the pic mb1 just in case.

Attachments

• mboard_1a.jpg
    900.1 KB · Views: 7
  • top-graphics3.jpg
    900.1 KB · Views: 5
  • m-mb1.jpg
    900.1 KB · Views: 3
I'm not sure that I can help you with your problem, but I might as well let you know that I cannot view the pictures that you posted.

no , but I doubt I can change it with that lousy camera- I will try using a pic , or a reference to the manual and maybe that will work.
If you have ever worked on one of these there is a small plug om top of the video card and a large one the card plugs into the motherboard with. On the one I am trying to fix the large plug is not on the motherboard and and exact duplicate of the plug on top of the video card is on the mb making it impossible to install.

This is the page.
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins6000/en/sm/video0.htm#wp1011278

You can't really see it but the item numbered 3 is a plug at a right angle to the back of the case almost as ling as the card, problem is the female part on the board is not there although you can see where it is supposed to be.
There is a small plug in the top of the video card parallel with the back of the case on top of the video card, problem is there is also an identical one on the motherboard directly below that makes it impossible to install the card.
I will try to get a better camera Monday.
Thanks

You can edit the pictures using IrfanView. Do a resize operation at about 75% (lower) and try to upload the pictures again. I've seen the connector but normally there should be mother-father connection. Possibly your specs are a little different from the reference model. Look on the back of the laptop for the exact model.

Back