Dell computer won't stay on

Status
Not open for further replies.
having nothing better to do, i decided to take apart my computer and finally install a new hard drive i have kept for almost a year. so i decided to give myself a challenge and take the thing apart completely, taking almost all the things off of the motherboard and stripping the shell of everything except for the motherboard. i then used an air duster on everything, but as i dusted the geforce driver, some of the liquid inside sprayed on it but then quickly evaporated. i pieced all the pieces as they were(or so i think), and turned the computer on, but my monitor did not turn on at all. i unplugged the monitor, and it said it was searching for a signal(after i unplugged it from the computer.

i am not very experienced with computer hardware, and right now all i know is that it is a refurbished hp compaq desktop.

That liquid is most likely duster propellant and it won't hurt anything. You probably didn't attach the front panel wires properly back to the motherboard and hopefully you didn't damage the motherboard with a static electricity discharge. Take the computer to a friend or someone that knows how to repair computers. If you have damaged something by doing all this yourself, chalk it up to experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back