Dell Dimension 3000 network drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

genekle

when I reformated my daughters dell dimension 3000 desktop it did not reinstall the net work drivers. so I can not get on line to reinstall all the drivers. does anyone know where I can get the drivers (to download and save ) to transfer to my daughters computer.

THANKS for the help in advance.

I need to down load and save the files . So that I can put them on another computer. Also I think what i realy need is the modem driver so I can connect to the internet.

Hi genekle

1) Using a different computer, you should be able to download and save the drivers (using the link from Ididmyc600). So what did you mean when you said it won't let you? As i also don't understand what might be stopping you from doing that

2) I assume your Dimension 3000 has a LAN network adapter (e.g. you connect it using an ethernet cable?) as then you would need Intel - Driver PRO/100 VE Network

no, it does not have a lan net work adaptor either, it was wiped and the back up disk did not back up the files. The link will only let me down load the drives as a install.

no, it does not have a lan net work adaptor either,
Do you mean the network adapter isn't working (because there's no driver?) or do you mean there's no network adapter hardware on the computer??? As you need SOME type of network connection support (how do you connect?) by Ethernet cable? or Wireless? or dial-up phone connection???

The link will only let me down load the drives as a install.
That's odd. You mean it only gives you the option to Run and not Save? Which browser are you using for the download??

From another computer, download the driver from the link provided above, copy the file(s) you downloaded from the Dell website onto a USB stick, then copy and install it on your Dell 3000.

I can't understand how any part of that process wouldn't work... Or failing that you could use the recovery disks if you have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back