I have a dell inspiron 6000 adapter light went off, wife saiid dogs jerked it out running thru the house. got new adapter, adapter lights up, pc does nothing when power button pushed, no lights nothing. The battery has not held charge for some time. But it worked before with the same battery, so I am confused. I tore it apart after reading about magnet sensor problem, and that was a msitake as my pc does not seem to even have that same part as mentioned in the post. Any suggestions are appreciated for this newbie. I will be getting a new pc for self, but would like to keep this one for the kids.