Dell integrated webcam problems

Kirei Blossom

I have a Windows 7, Dell Inspiron N1410 laptop with integrated webcam. While talking on Skype, the user at the other end suddenly stopped receiving my image. Skype had turned "My video" off. Whenever I tried to start my video up on skype, the webcam light would turn on for just a second, then it stopped again.

I tried restarting, doing a system restore, uninstalling webcam drivers and reinstalling them from the CD, then uninstalling the Dell Webcam Central and reinstalling it from the CD, nothing worked.

In the Webcam properties, it says "Device is working properly." And now when I'm opening up Dell Webcam Central, there's a message "Please connect a suitable device."

I contacted Dell, and my product is beyond warrantly. They advised I try a system reformat. But is there any way to get the webcam working again without a reformat?

hey kirei,

have you tried useing the device manager in windows to update the driver for the webcam?? i had that problem with an integrated webcam and i found that it solved the problem for me

James :)

This is a long shot but easy to do so worth a try.

Shutdown computer. Unplug power cord. Remove battery. Let the machine sit for a couple hours. Replug and turn it back on.

Back