Dell integrated webcam won't work

I am using windows 7 and my webcam is not working,whenever I tried to use to it says "webcam not detected ". even it is absent in device manager and I hope someone will help me to solve the problem.

This error can be occur. Probable reason is that the webcam software driver for windows is not present or install. so first you will have to identify your webcam manufacturer name and model no. If you can CD with the webcam than you can install the software from the CD or If it is not. No problem you can search the driver through internet. after this effort you can able to use webcam.

Ok, so your next step is going into device manager to see if you can manually reinstall the webcam driver.

Go to startup button lower left hand corner of desktop
- Then click in search bar
- Type 'Device Manager'
- Click 'Device Manger', look for 'Imaging Devices'

What do you see under Imaging Devices?
If nothing, you're going to have to tell me what specific driver you downloaded and ran AND which website you got it from.

If you see 'SomethingSomething Webcam' underneath 'Imaging Devices' when you click on it, right click
- Next click 'Update Driver Software'

...we'll go from there.

I have tried the drivers solution by downloading from official product website but it didn't work.
When you plug out or plug in the webcam cable than is it show any notification on desktop? If no than any problem in webcam or cable mean cable wire could be broken that way webcam is not detected by device manager. probably the reason is that. try this than tell me.

Back