Dell Latitude D531 won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

My Latitude D531 is powered using the wall adapter without the battery. It worked well until recently. Now when I connect the adapter the power light on the laptop is a constant green. However, when I press the power button nothing happens. The laptop does not turn on, the fans do not turn on and there is no hard drive activity. I already ruled out a defective adapter. I also used compressed air to blow out the dust out of the laptop (there was abundant dust). It is now dust free yet I still have the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

"there was abundant dust"...

The laptops motherboard could have overheated for the last time and now has failed. They run hot without the abundant dust. You could try pulling out the AC adapter and hold the power button down for a minute. Reattach the AC adapter, and try booting. If it still doesn't start, reseat the hard drive and memory. Still no start, it is time for a repair shop or a new laptop. Good luck :)

Could be a power switch failure, cpu cooling fan, or any of a number of easily repaired problems... or even the cable from the board to the screen has pulled out or cracked. Some cables just fail as they age and shrink or crack.

Find a GOOD local tech with plenty of experience working on Dells... You are likely looking at $65 to find out, plus parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back