Dell Latitude E6510 will not start up

I have a dell latitude e6510 that won't start up. When I push the power button, the cooling fan starts up, several of the lights on the case come on for about five seconds (hdd and power) and then the whole thing powers down.
Anyone have any ideas?
Any help greatly appreciated!

Have you tried a hard start. Disconnect the battery and power cord. Then hold down the power button for about 30 seconds. Then try reconnecting the battery or the power plug and see if it will start. If this dose not work you might what to post your computer or laptops Model and make plus your systems specs.

Tried that just before I posted, did not change anything. Pulled the hard drive, did another hard start; nothing. Put the hard drive back in and again - nothing. Since I can't even get past the bios boot, I have a sneaking suspicion that the mobo has given up the ghost...

Had the same problem with 2 e6510's. turned out in both cases it was a bad memory module. changed the ram they started back up with no issue.

Hi there,
I come years later with the same problem.
I've tried everything here without any result. The laptop still wakes up for about 5s and shut down. I've tested ram unit from another working machine but definitively no solution.
Don't know what to do.
Thanks for your help.

Same here, Mongo. I can use my laptop just fine if I remove the battery and just plug the AC in. Have you tried this? Have you tried a hard start as someone described above? I'll be seeing if a hard start helps me. I'm hoping that the battery just shorted or died :/

Guysi having trouble with mine when I start it it show start but after that black then after a minute a reboot thingy showup I dont have any idea about reboot what should I do? any tips?

Back