Dell Studio PC won't turn on

Hard Drive: 320 GB
Memory: 4 GB
How old: 8-9 months

[EDIT]Model: Dell Studio 1558

*Intel Core i3 Processor
*Windows 7 Home

Problem:

On Christmas night, I did as I usually did - turned off my Dell PC by holding the power button until it all turns black and went to sleep with the charger still plugged in AS USUAL.

Then the morning of December 26, my PC did NOT turn on - and guessing it "broke" with no apparent warning. I took out the charger, waited a couple hours, and plugged my charger back in, hoping there was a power-outage Christmas night. The charger light turned white, indicating charge was being put in, and then it turned off, indicating charge was finished - and my pc still DID NOT turn on!

I also have Mcafee Virus Remover, which automatically scans my pc and destroys viruses each and every day.

What the hell is the problem here!?

"I also have Mcafee Virus Remover, which automatically scans my pc and destroys viruses each and every day"...
In the real world this NEVER happens, it is only a wish. Who taught you to hold the power button to shut down Windows? You could have corrupted the hard drive. Have you ever used a mouse to select the Start button and shutting down the notebook that way? The motherboard could be toast too

Back